Case study: Bike SA
Develop a solution for entering Bike SA events online.
Bike SA is the peak cycling organisation in South Australia, lobbying Government for cyclist safety improvements and promoting all facets of cycling. Their cause is largely funded through several events held throughout the year, some attracting thousands of entries. In 2004 the decision was made to migrate this snail-mail / paper based system to an online one. Participants would be able to fill out personal details and select options relating to the event, including meals, transport, and associated social activities. Payment through BPAY, phone (credit card) and cheque could be made in the final stage of registration.
- Event registration, email confirmation
- Data sanitizing
- Mailing list ( event related )
- Event payment
- Administrator manual payment
- Administrator mail to specific candidate groups / lists
- Administrator profile edit / update / delete / create
- Administrator export of entrant details to MS Excel
- Event Newsletter create / mail ( PDF to e-mail and print / mail merge )